Monday 15 November 2010

Lotte World!

Given my plan to try all things new in Korea, I immeditely said 'yes' when Matt suggested we all go to the infamous Seoul 'Lotte World' theme park. I didn't think to cast my mind back to the last time I went on a fairground ride, when I was so terrified I tried screaming 'stop the ride, stop the ride' repeatedly.

So we met at the unearthly hour of 7:30am to avoid the schoolkid crowds and entered the magical world of Lotte World. It actually feels like stepping into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, minus a few oompaloompas.


And so the fear.....sorry, fun, began. Rollercoasters, big swinging things, big tall things, big things that drop you from terrifying heights, big teacups, we did it all. Well, actually, I was nice enough to offer not to go on a few rides so I could be the photographer and get some good photos. Nothing to do with being scared. And if I had have been on the rides I would have looked like this:



After the big scary rides we decided to end it on a big one.....the teacups. Or as they call it, the 'drunken basket'. Ok so I know that technically the teacups are lame, but this one you can control by spinning a wheel in the middle, and with six people spinning the wheel, you can pick up quite a mighty pace. In between my laughter I managed to sneak views at Lee who was trying not to be sick over the edge.

So after a long day of rides & ice-cream & pizza & beer & more rides (you've got to wonder how we weren't all sick) we went home all screamed out for the day.






No comments:

Post a Comment