Sunday 14 November 2010

The Return To Korea



So I'm back in Korea! The same city, same apartment building, same school....I've got to admit I was worried about it being too 'the same'. I like to feel as though I'm always moving forward and learning new things. So will this year just be the same? Well, Korea is one of those incredible countries that changes in a blink of an eye - no sooner have you found a restaurant before its been replaced by a new better one, the English teachers come and go with each yearly contract, whole cities are built in a few months, the pupils and teachers are seemingly at the schools only transitorily... even the seasons change from one extreme to the exact opposite overnight. Boiling summer to freezing winter in one evening....wow.

So I've returned to a new Korea. All change it seems. And I want to keep it this way! I've vowed to myself that this year will be a year of trying new food, going to new places, submerging myself more into the Korean culture, and learning more of the language so all I know isn't just 'one more beer please'.

So for my second year round I want it to be a year of firsts. let's see how I manage...







No comments:

Post a Comment